Like any other living, growing thing, love requires effort to keep it healthy."
~Leo F. Buscaglia
I need to measure Bryce, I think he has gotten longer in the past 3 weeks, seriously! He is still tiny, size 2 shoes are too big for him and he is suppose to really be around 2 yrs old. He was starved too long, its sad.But with tons of work, I am determined to get him caught up. We have been working on straightening his legs, standing with him, as when he first came he would only go into the fetal position when you would try to get him to stand on his feet. Now with help he will put his feet down, and hold on to the chair, we practice and his wobbly little legs stand strong and its amazing the drive this child has to catch up. He does some sign language, more when he wants more and all done when he is done. He will crawl to you and reach up as high as he can for you to hold him, he latches on like none of my other children ever do, rests his head on my shoulder and wraps his legs around my tight, its such a loving comfort feeling for the 2 of us. I sling him around the house, of course aslynn get jealous but when I do it to her, she wants down, shes a mover and a shaker, not a snugga like Bryce.
I got him into the walker for the first time and he at first sat and did not know what to do, then started just going backwards. I figured out this little boy loves yogurt so I stood a few feet away with yogurt and after a few huffs and puffs he walked forward for a bite, of course got rewarded and walked all over the house for bites. Now he is a walking fool around, not straight legs but he is mobile in the walker. I dont know how long it will take him to pull himself up,walk on his own, or do things that Aslynn can do, even though she is younger. But I hope that watching her he will catch on and want to copy her. The journey has begun and we are hoping goals will be met and he becomes stronger daily. I wish he would put weight on, I have tried everything the doctor said and every type of food, if anyone knows any tricks to weight gain, I am all ears because I have tried it all!
We are Blessed, and Thank God all day for our family.
7 comments:
LOVE the new pic at the top of the blog. SO SO SO cute.
I'm thrilled to hear that Bryce is thriving in your loving home. I can't wait to see how he grows and matures over the next year.
And that Aslynn....she is so cute. She sounds like a handful all by herself! :) Sabah is getting to be the same way. This age is ALL about them. It's so fun though to see their personalities start to shine through.
Hugs to the entire Litty family. :)
Ahhhhhhh. he is just SO cute. You are doing a wonderful job and I'm sure he will be fully caught up in no time at all. :-D
He's such a happy looking boy! I'm so glad that you have him. Our guy was very small with no muscle tone at all. His legs were like noodles and he wouldn't put any weight on them. What worked best for strengthening was the johnny jump-up (hooks on door frame). As far as weight gain, your little guy will probably stay very slim but will gain in head circumference and height first.
I had a little girl who, because of a huge life change, got all stressed out and wouldn't eat. I finally gave up and felt like what i needed to to was know I was giving her all the nutrients she needed in one sitting, thus the power struggle could be less. So I bought pediasure and fed her bottles of that. Eventually she started eating more on her own, and now she's at 7 still tiny but she's normal and not underweight.
Good luck. The food issue is such a stressful one!! Don't let it get to you too much if you can help it... these kids will heal and their bodies will become stronger over time.
We've had some 'stuff' going on with our oldest son so I've not had a lot of computer time. As a result, I hadn't checked your blog in quite some time. I was absolutely thrilled to open it and see a new photo at the top of your blog page that included Bryce. After all the ups and downs, he's finally home in the loving arms of his mommy and daddy.
I can tell you from years of experience that caring for and raising a child with any developmental delays is challenging. However, with hard work and perseverence, the milestones along the way are immeasurable.
I'm so very happy and thrilled that your family is finally all together.
I am THRILLED to hear that Bryce is now home with his FOREVER family that will LOVE and CARE for his every need. Sounds like he is doing so much better already. I wish I lived closer so you could get some time alone to absorb all that is going on. I am sure right now you are just going going going. I keep Bryce and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope in time Bryce will be the little boy we all know he can be.
Have you contacted your school district to receive early intervention for Bryce? I HIGHLY recommend it. It is FREE!!! He is ENTITLED to it. They will give him physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and special instruction. They will show you how to help him. PLEASE give them a call.
Wow! Somehow I have not checked in the last month or so, and now you are a complete family!!! Love love love it! And I have loved reading your blog over the past year or so.
Hang in there. You need some help. We all need a break now and then. I know you must just be taking it all in.
I will be praying for your family and for Bryce specifically.
I hope you are doing better health wise. I know you had a tough ttime when you tried to travel.
God's timing is so so unpredictable.
Thank you for sharing your life. I am always inspired when I see people stepping out in faith.
Much love-
Chantelle
Post a Comment